cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SHA-256 Signed Cert for SSL VPN

zhibbard
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting an Error when trying to install an Identity Certificate that is signed with SHA256 on an ASA 5520 with 8.3(2) running.  I am getting "ERROR: Failed to parse or verify imported certificate."  The correct CA chain is in place, and if I install a SHA1 signed cert from the same company with the same chain it works fine.  Are the ASAs capable of importing SHA256 signed certs?  Does the CSR have to be generated differently if you want to import a SHA256 signed cert?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The ASAs aren't currently capable of importing SHA256 signed certificates in 8.3 code.    It should be available some time soon - talk to your account team for more details.

--Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The ASAs aren't currently capable of importing SHA256 signed certificates in 8.3 code.    It should be available some time soon - talk to your account team for more details.

--Jason

Any timeline on the when the ASA's will support SHA2?  Can you clarify if for the corresponding client (Cisco VPN) must be the AnyConnect3.x+

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: