cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

#show sessions

bmpreyer
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing an issue with the 'show sessions' command. I wanted to test out the 'show session' and 'show users' commands just to see it work properly. However, after starting a Telnet session from one switch (SW1) through the default gateway and to another switch (SW0) in a different subnet I was unable to see what I wanted to see (the output from a 'show sessions" command). On the switch that I was Telnetting to (SW0), I could execute the 'show users' command and I could see the output. I then connected a PC to the switch (SW1) that had a current Telnet session open to the other switch (SW2) in the second subnet. From this PC I started a Telnet session to the connected switch (SW1), and executed the 'show sessions' command in attempts to see the outbound Telnet session information. However, I kept getting a '% No connections open' message. I then tried to Telnet from the default gateway into SW1, which still had an open Telnet session to SW2. But I was still getting the same "% No connections open" message. I was under the impression that I would be able to see the current outbound sessions by using the 'show sessions' command on the device that had an open Telnet session into another device, but I've yet to see this command work. What am I doing incorrectly?

1 Reply 1

bmpreyer
Level 1
Level 1
I forget to mention that I've been attempting these commands through Packet Tracer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: