cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show VPN Preshared Key Feature

Jarvar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple RV340s however I noticed, after entering the PSK in whatever setting, I can no longer see it anymore.

Is there a setting I can toggle to reveal it? Our old router the Sonicwll TZ500 would show this so atleast we could confirm it was correct without changing it or overwriting the old one.

I know I have had to reset the PSK before because the person who had created it previously was not sure which key was used to which router. 

If this is available, I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

If it is not, could it be added to the feature request?

There could also be a reason why it isn't available, could highlight those reasons to me as well if there is sound judgment behind it.

User passwords as well.

Thank you so much.

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When configruing VPN, in IKE Authentication method where you define PSK, next option shown there is 'show Pre-Shared Key'. Did that option appeared to you and did you enable it ?

I did click that option when I entered the pre shared key and it showed at that time, but not anymore after. Hence I am able to verify what the PSK is after it’s been entered.

Hi,

Can you try to download the xml config file and see if the IPSEC password is unencrypted ? You can go to Admin > Config management >  for that .

Okay I have done this. I downloaded the XML file

Upon scrolling through it, I didn't see anything that looks like the
password unencrypted.

The client to site ipsec profile shows a preshared-key but it is not the
PSK I typed in so I assume it's scrambled or encrypted.

What line exactly would I be looking for?

To clarify, when viewing using the GUI, the tick box for Show Pre-Shared
Key is greyed out. It only becomes active or clickable if I enter a new
password.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Hi,

I was expecting that we might be able to see some config info but it seems we cannot see

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue, the gui has greyed out the Show Pre-shared Key and the xml has it encrypted.