Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site UDP Packet Drop

andrews_steven
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I am going through the process of cutting over from a pfsense firewall to an ASA. I have done some test cutovers outside of hours and have fixed a number of configuration issues however I am stuck on one.

I cannot seem to get the Site to Site VPNs to establish a connection. The other endpoints are Draytek routers. 

The error message I am getting it (IPs modified):

"%ASA-7-710005: UDP request discarded from 1.1.1.1/33524 to WAN:2.2.2.2/500"

Sanitized config is attached.

Any assistance would be great, I am starting to pull my hair out over this one!

Thank you,

Steven

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

andrews_steven
Level 1
Level 1

May have found the issue on this. Whilst troubleshooting some issues I disabled ikev1&2 on WAN '=(, which would explain why the ASA was not replying.

I have added the following and will test tomorrow morning.

crypto ikev2 enable WAN
crypto ikev1 enable WAN

I am hoping this issue was just a silly oversight by me whilst looking over other issues. I will report back tomorrow and advise.

Thank you,

Steven

View solution in original post

Ok, so was able to get some more useful logs this morning. There were a couple of IKE mismatches, but once I fixed this up I was good to go.

So initial issue was just me overlooking a basic setting.

Thank you,

Steven

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andrews_steven
Level 1
Level 1

May have found the issue on this. Whilst troubleshooting some issues I disabled ikev1&2 on WAN '=(, which would explain why the ASA was not replying.

I have added the following and will test tomorrow morning.

crypto ikev2 enable WAN
crypto ikev1 enable WAN

I am hoping this issue was just a silly oversight by me whilst looking over other issues. I will report back tomorrow and advise.

Thank you,

Steven

Ok, so was able to get some more useful logs this morning. There were a couple of IKE mismatches, but once I fixed this up I was good to go.

So initial issue was just me overlooking a basic setting.

Thank you,

Steven