cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggested OIDs for Monitoring ASA VPN Service?

estein
Level 1
Level 1

We want to use SNMP to monitor our Cisco ASAs for VPN use.  Any recommended OIDs that you have found useful, would be much appreciated!

I'm particularly interested in OIDs that can help us prove that the service is working well. 

Such as - monitoring successful and failued auth attempts.  (Although I have a feeling we'll need to use syslog for this in particular.)

2 Replies 2

sooprasa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here is a list of all the supported OID's supported by the ASA:

ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asa/asa-supportlist.html

You can use the MIB "ciscoIpSecFlowMonitorMIB" (OID-1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.171) for monitoring VPN

This is a MIB Module for monitoring the structures in IPSec-based Virtual Private Networks.

You can find more details about this in the below mentioned link:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.171

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sooraj

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you  feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Thanks so much, Sooraj.  I was really hoping for some specific OIDs, as I don't have a lot of time to search the MIB documentation to find what I need.  I'd specifically like OIDs that other folks have found useful, in case they've had good luck monitoring some interesting stats that I would not have considered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: