cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The File 'ManifestTool.exe' is not marked for installation

MichaelCaylor
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on my Windows 7  64 bit laptop and gettng this message causing the install to fail.

The problem began to occur after the hard drive was replaced on the laptop (Dell Laptop hard drive failed under warranty).  Worked fine before hard drive replaced.

This installation is being completed using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

I believe the version is 3.1.0407x (based on properties in the installation process).

The Windows operating system is Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64-bit Operating System)

17 Replies 17

pantelis1
Level 1
Level 1

Do you get the same error if you get the anyconnect image from the ASA directly?Have you tried the latest windows package (3.1.05163)?

The install of the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for Windows is a link on a website setup by the IT staff.

It runs a script to start the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup Wizard.

- Sign End User License agreement

- Install Typical Installation

- Allow install of AnyConect Secure Mobilty Client from Cisco Systems Inc. from internet

- Installer gets message "The File 'ManifestTool.exe' is not marked for installation" in Installer Information Window

- Cisco AnyConnect Securwe Mobility Cleint Setup Wizard ended prematurely

Installation terminated.  There is nothing else that I am able to do.

I have contacted the IT staff, but since the laptop does not below to them they will not help me with the problem.

Do you have another PC that you can install it to verify whether the problem is local to your laptop or a general issue? Another thing you can try is to download the client from the cisco website and try to install it using Admin permissions 

I've run both pkg (from ASA) and msi (from cisco.com standalone package) installations in multiple versions and never seen that particular issue you are encountering. 

I agree with Pantelis - I'd try to install using an alternate source making sure you are running installation as local Administrator.

I am the local administrator on the Windows 7 PC, but I am not should how to proceed with running installation from an alternate source.  Is there a location on the CISCO website where that can be done?

Thanks for the information in advance.

You can download the installer from

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283000185&flowid=17001&softwareid=282364313&release=3.1.05160&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

File should be : anyconnect-win-3.1.05160-pre-deploy-k9.iso (This includes installation packages for DART, NAM, VPN, Telemetry, Hostscan, and WebSecurity components)

pantelis1
Level 1
Level 1

You can download the installer from

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283000185&flowid=17001&softwareid=282364313&release=3.1.05160&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

File should be : anyconnect-win-3.1.05160-pre-deploy-k9.iso (This includes installation packages for DART, NAM, VPN, Telemetry, Hostscan, and WebSecurity components)

Pantellis,

I believe that'd work as long as the user's CCO login (cisco.com userid) is associated to a Smartnet contract entitled for ASA support.

I could be mistaken but don't think the link would allow downloads otherwise.

Hi Mark

That it correct. Maybe his IT department could provide the relevant file. Otherwise google seach will provide him with the relevant file :)

Thanks 

Pantelis

MichaelCaylor
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to find and download the version of AnyConnect Security Mobility Client.  When I attempted to install that version I got same results as with the earlier version.  The file that I down loaded was anyconnect-win-3.1.05160-pre-deploy-k9.msi

I guess you've tried installing the client with Admin privilege right?Are yo ugetting the same error if you try to install the latest 3.1.560 client? Also please disable firewall and antivirus during installation

MichaelCaylor
Level 1
Level 1

I talked to my network administrator to verify that I had Admin authority on this laptop.

He verified that that had Admin authority.

I provided him with the clues regarding the install problems again (he had looked at it several months ago).

He used Google to look for possible solutions and tried the following which resolved the problem.

I registered vbscript.dll and removed AnyConnect from the HKEY-CLASSES-ROOT/IInstaller/Products.

Michael,

Thanks for updating the thread with your resolution. Hopefully the next person encountering the problem will benefit from the information.

Only removing Anyconnect from the HKEY-CLASSES-ROOT/IInstaller/Products registry was sufficient to not have the error again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: