cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

troubleshooting LDAP authentication

paul_brighter
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, the LDAP authentication is working, which I can see with "debug ldap 255".

However, the user is disconnected after LDAP authentication succeeds:

[397] Authentication successful for ldaptestuser to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further.  I am not a network engineer.

Local users can connect to the VPN successfully.  I'm trying to use the same group policy for the LDAP users, but something is not working right and I'm looking for guidance on how to debug this.

I currently do not have and LDAP attribute map configured.  I did have one and it showed in the log as expected, but I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for now and just allow any LDAP user access and everyone uses the same group access.

The one thing I think it might be is that our LDAP server is not internal.  Could that make the difference for the group policy?

3 Replies 3

SHIBI V DEV
Level 1
Level 1

Have you configured authentication in tunnel-group

tunnel-group <tunnel-group-name> general-attributes
 authentication-server-group <ldap-name>

Please try below command and check are you getting ,AD group listing

show ad-groups <ldap-name>

Yes, AFAIK the authentication would not work with out the tunnel-group being configured.

As far as ad-groups goes, this is not an Active Directory server.

But you did make me look in the right place.

I had:

tunnel-group LDAP_GROUP general-attributes
 authentication-server-group LDAP_SRV_GRP
 default-group-policy RA_GROUP

which I noticed was missing the address-pool.  That explains everything.  Authentication was working but the user was not getting an address.

Added that and it works nicely now.

paul_brighter
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot figure out how to mark my reply to SHIBI V DEV as the answer.

So creating this reply to mark as the answer telling you to look at my other reply.

EDIT: OK.  That didn't work either.  Not sure how to mark my reply as the answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: