Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to connect to vpn from Inside network

nazim.bashir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have cisco 5545 9.2(3), I tried to connect to vpn from my guest wifi but unable to reach outside interface from internal network.

Any help is appreciated. 

5 Replies 5

Douglas Holmes
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a firewall rule set to allow VPN connections to go to the outside interface from inside? 

Hello Mr Holmes,

Thanks for quick response, yes, its allowed, we have rules both ways from inside to outside and outside to inside. any other thing to check.?

Thanks

I am doing something similar, but different.  I use a second ASA for the VPN connections.  I didn't seem to consider that you couldn't VPN connect to the outside from the inside.  Would this document describe what your are attempting:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/100918-asa-sslvpn-00.html

enabled anyconnect on DMZ and that did the trick worked. 

Thanks for your help 

Best way is to provide users in the guest-network the ip of your guest-interface for your VPN-FQDN. The ASA by default doesn't allow to be accessed on a remote interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: