Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to RDP

abhijith891
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are having a weird situation where I am unable to take RDP of an Always On Anyconnect user when he is connected via FQDN A. There are no connection or internet issues from the user side. But if he connects via FQDN B, I am able to take RDP access. So can someone help me on this? Is this a firewall issue? 

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

When taking about fqdn A and B, it results in connecting on your asa through different outside interfaces right or at least on different boxes?

When you say you're trying to connect using rdp it means you're sitting in the inside zone?

Can you share your config to see if not missing any acls or nat?
Or maybe you can run the following command and share the output.
Let's assume fqdn A is on outside named interface and your ip is in the inside with ip a.a.a.a and anyconnect client has ip b.b.b.b
command would be:
packet-tracer input inside tcp a.a.a.a 12345 b.b.b.b 3389 details

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your inputs. On further analysis, i could see I am unable to ping that user as well. On check routes, I got the following output.

V  10.6.42.21 255.255.255.255 connected by VPN (advertised)

When i try to conect with FQDN A(connection profile A located in location X), I am able to RDP with no issues. When I try to conect with FQDN B(connection profile B located in location Y), i am unable to do so, even though their configuration are identical.Can you please advise how do I proceed with this? I believe this is a case of RRI.  We arent running any routing protocols and also, we are using SSL VPN. 

While connected on profile B (not working scenario), can you run please the packet-tracer i have you on my previous answer? Also do the same on a working vpn user and share both of them.

Can you share your config also?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question