Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to use proxy server with MAC OS X Anyconnect client

ifdwolf1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a VPN setup thru a Cisco 5520, Windows clients connect just find and the end users configure there browser to use our internal proxy servers.   Users with the MAC OS X Anyconnect client can connect, they configure their Mac to use our proxy server, but the broswers will not work, clients can reach networks and resources behind the VPN gateway and have access to the Proxy(Tried a telnet to that hostname/port).  Anyone run into this issue before?  I am running ASA 8.3(2), Anyconnect(OS X) 3.1.01065.

Thank You

4 Replies 4

ifdwolf1
Level 1
Level 1

Bump

Cisco is saying this may be due to a bug, but they are not going to resolve this???  Anyone have a workaround out there?

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsg77160

While the automatic detection of proxies may not be added any time soon, the manual addition of proxies for non windows clients should be, please refer to CSCsh73916

tomazicmitja
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem.

We are behind government firewall so I don't know which Cisco firewall is used but we are using AnyConnect to establish VPN from internet to LAN behind firewall. We have no problems with Windows. With Mac OS X connection through proxy didn't work with Safari and Chrome (both are using system Proxy setting), but it did work with Firefox (which has it's own Proxy).

Finally we found out that ethernet MTU size was the culprit. When we set it to manual, with size being 1347 (or less), proxy started to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: