cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN AnyConnect Client and Win8

dewaldt05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm a bit new to firewalls, so still trying to get to grips with it. I need to connect to an ASA 5510 with asa825-k8.

We currently can connect to it with a normal IPsec VPN client. I tried using Anyconnect client, version anyconnect-win-3.1.01065-pre-deploy-k9, but the connection fails.

My question is this: If using IPsec to connect to the ASA ( as opposed to SSL) does the config on the ASA need to be amended to be able to accept the proposals from the AnyConnect client?

3 Replies 3

Rudy Sanjoko
Level 4
Level 4

yes you will need to do some changes in your config, in short VPN client is client for IPSEC VPN for ASA, while Anyconnect is SSL VPN client for ASA.

Here is a Cisco document on how to configure SSL VPN on ASA, in case you need it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008071c428.shtml

Hi,

thanks for the response. I realise that ssl vpn ipsec vpn are different. anyconnect support ipsec connections in addition to ssl vpn, right? so, if iusing the anyconnect for ipsec vpn instead of ssl vpn, does the existing, working ipsec vpn need to be amended to accept ipsec vpn when using anyconnect client?

I think you missunderstood, they are different, you will need to use cisco vpn client for ipsec vpn and anyconnect for ssl vpn, you can't use anyconnect for ipsec vpn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: