cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 64bit

antar-JTod
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first post, hope you ca help me with a very frustrating situation. At first look you would think that this issue would be easy to resolve, but it is causing me no end of frustration. I am trying remotely (logmein) to install a vpn client 64bit (I have tried a couple of versions.) in each case when I run the .msi install I am asked where to unzip the files to and this I do. This works successfully and then the install begins, I get to the Welcome to the cisco systems vpn client 5.0etc and then I click Next. Almost immediately I get a fatal error that simply states ' Installation ended prematurely because of an error'

I have changed permissions, restated the windows installer service and turned off UAC all to no avail.

Has anyone come accross a similar situation and were you able to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

8 Replies 8

For me the following workaround worked on Windows7:

1) start a cmd.exe as an administrator

2) Delete VBScript registry-data:

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

3) Register it again:

%systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

4) install again

Credit goes to someone on the internet ... Don't have the original link anymore.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Thanks Karsten,

I have tried this solution, but it fails where the final part of the registry key does not exist on the affected computer. ie,

{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}"

More suggestions please

Jeff

Hi did you resolved that issue??

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

I am in the same situation as Jeff. Has the issue been resolved? The registry key is not found under CURRENT USER but is found under LOCAL MACHINE.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

John

amosfeldman1
Level 1
Level 1

What you need to resolve this is to download and run MCPR.exe which is provided by McAfee.

I think that you can find it here:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Restart the computer after running this utility.

Hey Amos...

This worked for me!!!!!

Downloaded the MCPR.exe and fix my problem, outstanding approach buddy!!!!! (+5 Stars)

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Thanks.

This worked for me as well.

John

Thanks.

This worked for me as well.

Even though i do not have macafee installed on my computer.

Regards

Nitin Mohan