Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client cut session due "Reason 412"

jose cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,  I'm facing an issue with the VPN client. The deployment is:

The HQ has an ASA5505 with Software version 8.2(5),This device act as the VPN concentrator.

The Branch office is located at the airport. There, the Airport provide the Internet connection and because of that they have to use Remote Access VPN instead of a L2L VPN. Also they are only 3 people.

They can establish the VPN connection and it works fine until they try to access the remote File Server. As soon as they get into the File Server is about 3 or 5 minutes to have the Disconnection message:

Reason 412-14-Sep-2011.png

I double-check the Profile configuration, the pre-shared key, the ASA time outs.

I did this test:

I setted up a continuos Ping to the public IP of the ASA, then I establish the VPN connection but I did not access to any remote resource. Doing this the connection worked for about 12min. Then I entered the File server to check some documents there, It took about 4 minutes to get the disconnection message due the Readon 412, but the Ping never showed packet lost or timed out.

What could be happening here, please help.

Regards

Jose

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: