cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client for Win7 64-bit

ofir
Level 1
Level 1

using Win7? you'll be happy to learn about this new beta that Cisco released and allow Win7 64-bit vpn client installation

did anyone try it?

http://ITDualism.wordpress.com

2 Replies 2

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I've seen a lot about this beta lately.  One thing I wonder is why didn't people who needed Win7 support start using AnyConnect which already had Windows 7 support?

I guess on non ASA platforms this may have been an issue?  With ASA running 8.2 you can use AnyConnect essentials for very inexpensive (like $100 for 250 users on an ASA 5510)  I think AnyConnect is much better because it uses SSL meaning it should work anywhere you can browse to a web page.  This is great for me because I would always find myself unable to get to my own vpn from a customer's site because they disallowed VPN tunnels out.  Also, it self installs and updates.  You just point your users to your ASA and it autosenses their OS and installs the latest version.

Brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

I have used the beta and it works great. Although the anyconnect is great, i have had lots of issues with antivirus programs breaking connectivity so much that i  have had to put users on the beta client.

regards

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: