Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client IPSec Authentication Using Digital Certificates

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would like to ask you some question about VPN client wit Digital certificate, now i had ASA 5510 and using VPN site to site, VPN client and SSL,

So would like to use VPN client Digital certificate,

what requirement that i can do VPN client digital certificate?

when i implement VPN client digital certificate it have problem with VPN site to site and SSL or not?

Best Regards,

Rechard

2 Replies 2

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

The doc below gives a good overview of certificate authentication for IPSec VPN clients on the ASA. Multiple authentication methods can co-exist on the ASA platform so you should not have problems with your L2L tunnels using pre-shared keys. You will need to consider how you want to manage certificates in your environment. This can be done internally using a Microsoft CA for example or through various 3rd parties such as Verisign.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008092d8f1.shtml

Dear Topula and all,

Thanks you for your info and link that you show me, so i would like to ask some questions about implement VPN client with certificate.

1- what requirement for implement VPN client with certificate?

2- i would like to know the first step for create certificate for VPN client? or just follow some step on your link it will be working?

i never use it before!!!!

Best Regards,

rechard