cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client user authentication

dnazefg20
Level 1
Level 1

When users connect to our network remotely via VPN the username field is already populated with the last person who connected. I know they can just remove the username and enter their own, but is there a way the client can be configured to where the username field will always be blank for anyone who wants to access the network via VPN? We have an ASA 5510 with version 7.0(8) and a windows server 2003 with IAS installed on it for windows authentication. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

In the pcf you can configure that single lines cant be changed by the user (or vpn client).

Just insert a leading ! like this

!Username=

!SaveUserPassword=0

!UserPassword=

!enc_UserPassword=

From now on the vpn client wont save entries for those parameters any more.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

I am not sure if there is another way to do it. But you can change related .pcf profile to "readonly". It should be located in "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles" by default.

How do you generate de pcf file?

Thanks,

Vlad

In VPN client, after your create a "Connetion Entry", you will find a .pcf file with the name of Connection Entry you created under the folder mentioned in my previous post.

I figured it out. I was giving users a pcf file that I have been using for quite some time. Hence, everyone was seeing my username pop up on their clients. I recreated the connection entry and before going through the user authentication process I placed the new pcf file in another location. I will now start to give users this new pcf file that does not contain any user credentials.

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks,

I saw the previous one!

Have fun

Vlad

Hi

In the pcf you can configure that single lines cant be changed by the user (or vpn client).

Just insert a leading ! like this

!Username=

!SaveUserPassword=0

!UserPassword=

!enc_UserPassword=

From now on the vpn client wont save entries for those parameters any more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: