Helpful
Replies

VPN CLIENT

admukada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

VPN client ---{Internet}---CVPN ---LAN

* Client ( Physical IP) has overlapping network as the lan behind the CVPN.

* Will there be issues ?

* VPN client pool is different than the LAN behind the CVPN.

* Will this Setup work.

As per I know:

* There should not be any issue except from the fact that the vpn client once connected will not be able to browse its local Lan.

Any comments

Adi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wisfaque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adi

You will land up with problems related to routing. Its is very rare the client would connect because the local and remote identities would be same.

Normally you would see one as 0.0.0.0 and the other the internal IP range.

This is not a recommended thing.

With the cliet 4.x we can make it work by modifying the routes in every machine. Look it up in Jazib's page you might find a ddts on this aswell.

Hope this helps

Wakif

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

forsudhaji
Level 1
Level 1

Once u get connected to CVPN, u will be getting IP from client pool and ur default changes to this IP. But still one of ur LAN interface will be having IP in the same range as LAN behind CVPN has. I suspect there will be a problem in accessing LAN behing CVPN. Do a route print in ur PC once connected and check.

Pls let me know

Sudha

wisfaque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adi

You will land up with problems related to routing. Its is very rare the client would connect because the local and remote identities would be same.

Normally you would see one as 0.0.0.0 and the other the internal IP range.

This is not a recommended thing.

With the cliet 4.x we can make it work by modifying the routes in every machine. Look it up in Jazib's page you might find a ddts on this aswell.

Hope this helps

Wakif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: