cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN commands generator tool

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

To test the VPN performance of  ASA 5540, I will have to build at least 1000 VPN tunnels. It is time-consuming works if I put all of commands line by line manually. It looked like a bundle of VPN tunnels won't be created by ASDM. I am wonder if there is any generator tool for this. I just tried to google it. I found a software is named as VPN Configure Generator, but it is not free. If you know any tool or software support it, please let me know. I will appreciate it.

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Backup your configuration without any VPN tunnel.

2. Create one tunnel with ASDM. Apply it and save the configuration.

3. diff the before and after configuration scripts to pull out the exact commands needed for one VPN tunnel.

4. write a script to increment the relevant parameters and generate the configuration commands for n VPNs

5. add that script output to the earlier configuration and load the new configuration (now with n VPNs) onto the ASA.

thanks for your quick respose!

But how to write a script and add the script output? Is it still in ASDM??

to download/upload conf file use tftp server

to create a diff use notepad++

to create a script- or better said new config- use excel to create tunnel configuration and then copy paste the generated (tunnel) config to original config and upload it back to asa as startup config and reload the asa

thanks, but do you know where I could find out the doc to show mw how to create a script? 

Try www.gen-it.net