Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN LAN-TO-LAN BANDWIDTH

Hi, can anyone tell me if is it possible to monitor the consumed bandwidth of a VPN L2L, actually I´m monitor the traffic of the internet channel but a don´t

I can´t distinguish the traffic correspondig to the VPN traffic, if is it posible please tell how.

Regrads

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't watch it easily using the device itself but you can export flow data from the ASA (or router) using Netflow.

Look for the peer gateway IP in the resultant output on your Netflow analyzer tool of choice. (ntop is open source, SolarWinds and ManageEngine offer free trials of their licensed products.)

Appreciate your reply but,

If I dont want to use any tool as its comes with cost then anything else is possible

Also if any feature comes in cisco ASA that can help us?

You can see a very limited static view of the Tx and Rx bytes for a fiven IPSec Lan-Lan tunnel in ASDM Monitoring. See the screenshot below (click on it for larger view).

The Netflow analysis tool ntop is free and runs on a Linux server (free OS) which you can even build on an existing PC using something like Virtualbox (also free) of you don't have an available Linux host.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: