Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN on shared router to client site

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends...

i need some idea here... as i dont know how to approach this .. i have a border router which connects my WAN circuit and on the lan its a Cloud setup ... having multiple clients with their own IP subnet coming to LAN and using same wan circuit to go out...

now i have one Virtual server on which client want to connect via VPN  .. but client is not having any VPN device/ public IP on their side .. so most probably i need to setup remote access VPN ... correct me if i am wrong .. but to set this i can see some issues ..

1. where will the user database reside ...? on router ... as router is shared beween multiple clients

2. there is no DNS in LAN for this router.. and i thnk for remote access VPN we need DNS also .. not sure please let me know

3. if i enable AAA .. what wil happen to my local user name password which i use to login to router for administration .. will it not get effected ...

4. anything to worry about , when doing the config as this is production router

5. Any other way to give von to client.

1 Reply 1

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

guys any help on above.. not sure if thats dumb question that there is no help in last one week .. please suggest

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: