cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Options for 1921

eddysamson
Level 1
Level 1

We have an IPSec VPN on our 1921 (IOS 15.2) that has always worked great. We recently ran in to a problem with it where iPads are having DNS issues while on the VPN.

We wanted to try to bring up a different VPN such as an anyconnect or a split-tunnel VPN to get around this, but I ran into a problem loading the anyconnect .pkg file onto my router. It wouldnt accept it (which was strange because my 891 accepted the file, but wouldnt let me do anything with it).

I was wondering what other options I have for VPNs on the 1921. Preferably IPSec or something similar, not interested in PPTP. This one would have to work across all devices with DNS resoluton and what not.

9 Replies 9

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should accept the file. What is the exact error message that you are getting when you try to upload the package into the router? also assuming that you have the k9 security license on your 1921 and the SSL license?

Sorry for the late response. I just got back to this project. The file I have is:

anyconnect-win-2.5.3055-k9.pkg

And in this documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_configuration_example09186a0080af314a.shtml

It appears to be the same file I want to use, just a different version.

I loaded the .pkg into my usbflash but when I use CCP to install the .pkg (Configuration->Security->VPN->SSL VPN->Packages)

I get this error:

"Installing or Uninstalling SSL VPN packages on USBFlash is not supported."

So What can I do?

Looks like you might be hitting bugID: CSCua68008

if you have more than one Flash:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCua68008

Try to perform the workaround using CLI, or upload the file using CLI via telnet.

In regards to flash when I do show file system I see:

usb flash     rw     usbflash0: flash:

Is the last part what you are refering to since theres two there? Or would it be two seperate entries?

Seems like you have usbflash as well as flash. Have you tried to upload it using CLI?

I just got a chance to try. I have the following on my usbflash0:

/webvpn/anyconnect-win2.5.3055-k9.pkg

anyconnect-win2.5.3055-k9.pkg

I tried the following commands in CLI:

crypto vpn anyconnect usbflash0:/anyconnect-win2.5.3055-k9.pkg

crypto vpn anyconnect usbflash0:/webvpn/anyconnect-win2.5.3055-k9.pkg

neither worked returning the message:

"Cannot open the package "

Am I doing something wrong or does my 1921 not support it?

You can't use the usbflash to store the anyconnect package.

You would need to use just the router flash.

How can I do that? Whenever I do a copy tftp flash it doesnt give me the option to chose flash: it just goes straight to usbflash0:

Still could use some help on this!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: