cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Phase 2 complete but LAN traffic doesn't pass

imuonagor
Level 1
Level 1

Just setup a site to site vpn between 2 ASA 5520 Firewalls in two locations but vpn doesn't work even though i see phase 2 completed on the logs. I can't ping across the LANs. Any ideas why this happens?

5 Replies 5

tj.mitchell
Level 4
Level 4

This usually happens because the traffic is being natted over the tunnel. Did you create the NoNat list for each side?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

You have ACL set correctly? And hope you also have an ACL for icmp ( jus IP traffic wont work)

Adam Handley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you ever find a resolution for this problem? I am having the exact same issue at the moment with a ASA 5510 and a ASA 5505. Phase 2 is complete but i am unable to send any traffic over the tunnel.

Thanks

Adam

i have the same problem who did you fix this issue?

please do not forget to rate.

David Castro F.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Imuonagor,

Could you plz share the run configs of both ASAs?, there a big set up of things that you should checked to make sure the traffic is allowed to go through, you may run a packet tracer, in order to see how the packet traverses and make sure that there is not a NAT statement translating your Source IPs to the interface or to another IPs, for example:

Local Side IP: 10.10.10.10

Remote Side IP: 192.168.1.20

packet-tracer input <Interface-name> icmp 10.10.10.10 8 0 192.168.1.20 detailed

Also make sure there is not an inbound acl applied to the originating interface (access-group), if there is one, add an acl to allow it, for testing purposes you may use the "Management-access <Interface-name>" command to allow an interface to ping across the VPN, after that an example:

- ping inside 192.168.1.20

If you can provide the running configs and the packet tracer, possibly this is NAT exemption what you are missing,

Please proceed to rate and mark as correct this post if it helped you, keep me posted!

Regards,

David Castro,