cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN quit connecting over cellular network

vohst
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA5505 with VPN enabled.  I used to be able to connect from anywhere, at home on my laptop (wifi), on my iPhone and iPad (wifi or cellular - 4G) using the AnyConnect clients.  For some strange reason, now when I am trying to connect across the cellular network, it won't connect.  It prompts me for my login, then shows connecting.  It never connects and just goes back to Disconnected state, no error, no nothing.  If I take my laptop and connect via HotSpot to through my phone/cellular network, the laptop will not connect and I get a failure due to network issues.  It is only on my cellular connection on any device.  If I connect via wifi, it works fine.

I am on Verion in NW Iowa.  If I run a packet trace across the cellular network to my ASA, the packet bounces around coast to coast and sometimes over to Europe before it gets to my ASA.  If I trace off my wifi, it is like 3-4 hops.  Sometimes, the cellular network is up to 20+ hops.  This is the only thing that I can think of that would make it stop working across a cellular network.

I have turned on diagnostics on an iPhone and can't see anything out of the ordinary but I don't understand a lot of what is going on, actually what the diagnostics are saying. I will update with a iPhone screenshot in a few minutes.

Any one have any other ideas? 

This is a valid connection from the laptop on wifi, then disconnected, connect to iPhone hotspot, tried to connect the AnyConnect client.  The login pops up and I enter my credentials, I get an Invalid Certificate error and try to login again and then get this message.

1 Reply 1

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: