cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN server

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question I want from my Cisco 800 Series VPN server so I remote VPN tunnel how can you do that?

13 Replies 13

I can not connect to the remote VPN router using AnyConnect Secure Mobility client on my iPad, but the VPN that the iPad does work how can you fix that works with AnyConnect?

AnyConnect on Cisco Routers is not yet supported on mobile devices, you may want to consider an ASA instead.

HTH.

Please rate any helpful post.

but why can not I be the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client download in the App Store?

ju_mobile
Level 1
Level 1

Freak,

If you have an ipad then use the native IPSec client and configure an IPSec VPN server on your 800 if it has the correct software (iOS).
You need to look at EZVPN as your ipad will potentially change its IP address frequently.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/860-880-890/software/configuration/guide/vpnezvpn.html

Best Regards

Ju

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

without AnyConnect VPN you also using iOS 1.6 and if I had to remote connection than the connection works but through Cisco AnyConnect of that does not work

Pcfreak,

Your requirement in your post was to run a VPN server on an 800 series router. As such, forget Anyconnect and use the native client. If you dig deep into your pockets for an ASA then you will also need at least a mobile client license. If you don't purchase the mobile license (different to the essentials and premium license) then Anyconnect on the ASA from an ipad won't work.

Based on the above, do you really expect it to work from an ipad to an 800 with no additional licensing?
Go with the EZVPN, it will meet your needs. If your requirement is to use Anyconnect then please buy an ASA with the additional mobile licensing. There's no technical way around it!

Best Regards

Ju

so if you want to use AnyConnect must have a license. but simply through the VPN ipsec the iPad, you do not need right license?

Unfortunately,

The ipad is seen as a mobile device. If you need ipad, you need ASA + mobile license.

Don't shoot the messenger, cisco have set the limitations/capabilities

Best Regards

Ju

If you use IPSec, and the router has a capable iOS then yes...

Simples!!!

IPSec VPN will just use the iPad that works will soon be the License for AnyConnect Thanks for info and comment

As ever, my pleasure.

As I understand it, cisco will hold the obligation to charge for mobile licensing as its the current Byod hot topic and keeps them bank rolled. After all, they are a business !!

Please hour if you need help with the EZVPN.

Best regards

Ju

fullseo954
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you make a good point about VPN ... I never thought of that. Now -- If any of you are struggling with vpn problem, then I recommend you check out VPN Trade. There is a thorough review on ithere

http://www.vpntrade.com I hope that helps some of you here at Cisco forum!