I added the IPs to each one.

as well what can I do to the middle ASA 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To sum it up you would need to do the following:

- add the corresponding destinations to the crypto acl for the end devices (router and asa)

- the go through asa will have the necessary source and destination added to the crypo acls

- route and nat in order to send the packets out the correct interface and with the correct IP

- the go through asa will have to accept and send packets coming in the same interface: same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

Here is a config guide:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-to-configure-site-to-site-vpn-with-hairpinning-on-cisco-asa/ta-p/3157388

HTH

Bogdan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To sum it up you would need to do the following:

- add the corresponding destinations to the crypto acl for the end devices (router and asa)

- the go through asa will have the necessary source and destination added to the crypo acls

- route and nat in order to send the packets out the correct interface and with the correct IP

- the go through asa will have to accept and send packets coming in the same interface: same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

Here is a config guide:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-to-configure-site-to-site-vpn-with-hairpinning-on-cisco-asa/ta-p/3157388

HTH

Bogdan

the first point done.
can I get more explain to the second one?
route it's needed?
also nat from to outside to outside interface?

I think it is easier to explain with examples so I will use the guide for reference:

- second point:

config that should be added

access-list VPN-to-Branch1 permit ip object-group  Branch1-networks object-group Branch2-networks

access-list VPN-to-Branch2 permit ip object-group  Branch2-networks object-group Branch1-networks

already existing config:

crypto map IPSec_VPN 1 match address VPN-to-Branch1
crypto map IPSec_VPN 2 match address VPN-to-Branch2

- routing:

you have to make sure that traffic is being sent out the outside interface, if you already have default routes those are fine

- nat from to outside to outside

you may need to configure nat from to outside to outside to avoid translating in public IP, if that is not the case the nat from to outside to outside config can be skiped

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: