Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN SSLVPN License Migration

Boon Keat Gan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using ASA5550 with 750 AnyConnect Premium Peers license. We hit the license quota and purchase the upgrade pack.

Understand that the old model is no longer available. We purchased Apex License with 3 year renewal.

The question is when i go to cisco license to register the activation key, it only allowed me to enter quantity 1 (quotation mentioned 9999).

If i straight away activate the new license key, understand that the existing 750 license will be deleted. Is there anything i need to take note? Will there have impact or downtime on this?

Try to look for documents but could not find one.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some things you need to know about AnyConnect V4 licencing. It is now licensed "per user", and not "per concurrent user per device".

So the quota of 9999 is how many firewalls you can install the licence on. Nothing to do with the number of users.

The actual licence is now an "honesty" licence, and when you install it on your firewall it will enabled it for the maximum number of users supported on that platform. There should be no downtime. I am assuming you are using software that is semi-modern.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some things you need to know about AnyConnect V4 licencing. It is now licensed "per user", and not "per concurrent user per device".

So the quota of 9999 is how many firewalls you can install the licence on. Nothing to do with the number of users.

The actual licence is now an "honesty" licence, and when you install it on your firewall it will enabled it for the maximum number of users supported on that platform. There should be no downtime. I am assuming you are using software that is semi-modern.