Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN with Cisco 3845 and AWS cloud

catdaddy6012
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My question is does the Cisco 3845 support ipsec because when I go to configure the IKE key exchange on the Cisco 3845 with the command "crypto isakmp policy 200", I don't have the option to choose isakmp. The crypto ? command shows that I can only choose between ( ca, engine, key, pki, provisioning and wui). The version of IOS that I'm using is Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T6 and the flash image file is "flash:c3845-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T6.bin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Tony Harris 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This device had "End of Software Maintenance" in 2014 and your software is even older. There are likely critical unfixed security vulnerabilities that put your organisation at risk. I would not like to be responsible for that ...

Back to topic: If I remember right, the SPSERVICE image does not support IPsec. You need the ADVSECURITY or based on your needs the ADVENTERPRISE image.

View solution in original post

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would preferrably want to deploy a 4000 series isr with relevant licenses

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

This device had "End of Software Maintenance" in 2014 and your software is even older. There are likely critical unfixed security vulnerabilities that put your organisation at risk. I would not like to be responsible for that ...

Back to topic: If I remember right, the SPSERVICE image does not support IPsec. You need the ADVSECURITY or based on your needs the ADVENTERPRISE image.

Thanks for the reply.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would preferrably want to deploy a 4000 series isr with relevant licenses

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: