Views
Helpful
Replies

VTY Lines - Customer v NOC

chris.hewitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am currently looking to achieve the following in terms of remote access to my network estate:

* restrict external VTY access from management platforms & customer appliances

* allow unrestricted 'internal' communication (using the local device as a 'jump-off' essentially) 

* separate customer appliance traffic and NOC traffic (perhaps using rotary configuration) 

Ideally I would like to reserve lines 0-4 for customer appliance access and lines 5-15 for normal network operations. Both would be using ACLs to restrict access but the network ops lines would retain the ability to connect to neighbouring devices using SSH. 

Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is perhaps an easier way to achieve it? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

best way achieve either with ACS or ISE. any of them in your network, you can set different profiles.

If not do you have known range of IP address for the different users coming  in ? so you make ACL for the same.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: