cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What do I need to create an SSL VPN on Cisco 1841?

benjaminfoden
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies, but I am relatively new to the cisco world and I am trying to rebuild a 20 year old network for a hospital radio station (charity) in the UK.

We need a remote access solution for the engineers to be able to fix issues and switch feeds remotely, and I have been considering the Cisco 1841. I have noticed that it does support SSL VPN, but no where seems to provide any information on what is needed to make this work in terms of additional expansion cards, licensing etc.

Can someone please confirm what licensing is required (we only really need 5 remote users), what software versions and any additional expansion card requirements? I haven't purchased the router yet, so I am unable to post any system based information.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Whether or not you need the aim card is largely a matter of the bandwidth you need to support and the number of users.  For 5 simultaneous users at anything more than a few megabits I would definitely add the card.

as for the version, I believe you need advanced security or enterprise.  There may be others but I usually stick with advanced security.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: