cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is eap-chaining failing on windows 10?

ffadhilpi
Level 1
Level 1

We configured eap-chaining but it is not working with the error: "Machine authentication against Active Directory has failed because of wrong password" after researching, it looks like we are getting this bug "CSCuh23463" we are using NAM/anyconnect 4.4 ISE 2.2 windows 10 joined to the domain.

TAC is taking forever to reply to me and they are insisting that I'm not hitting that bug as this was for NAM 3.x and not for what I use.

Here are some error messages from the live logs:

EapChainingResultUser succeeded and machine failed
DetailedInfoInvalid username or password specified, Retry is allowed

Machine authentication against Active Directory has failed because of wrong password - All_AD_Join_Points

RPC Logon request failed - STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD,ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD,RN-LEN-0NBVGG$@corp.net

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See Windows 10 AnyConnect 4.3 NAM Questions

If possible, please provide TAC case number.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See Windows 10 AnyConnect 4.3 NAM Questions

If possible, please provide TAC case number.

Per case notes, this is a new case opened today, TAC is actively working on it and coming into the same conclusion as I suggested above. Please continue engaging TAC.

I guess I posted here looking for someone who's done eap-chaining for win10

Modify the win10 reg keys and add LsaAllowReturningUnencryptedSecrets. That was the fix!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: