Views
Helpful
Replies

Wildcard CSR from ASDM

byates
Level 1
Level 1

This might be a dumb question....

I have a ASA 5508 and am trying to generate a wildcard CSR through ASDM and it errors out . It doesnt like the asterisk in the CN.

Can you not generate a wildcard CSR from an ASA? For some reason i couldnt find my answer through google.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASA doesn't support generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for wildcard certificates.

You need to use OpenSSL or something like the free GUI-based XCA tool on Windows.

Make sure you keep the private key as it will have to be imported along with the signed certificate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASA doesn't support generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for wildcard certificates.

You need to use OpenSSL or something like the free GUI-based XCA tool on Windows.

Make sure you keep the private key as it will have to be imported along with the signed certificate.

Thanks for the response. I knew there was something with ASAs and WIldcards from the last time we generated/imported our old SSL Cert.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: