cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Windows 8 64bit - VPN 5.0.07.0440 - Disables all internet after installation

I am able to successfully install this version in Windows 8 and use it with the 442 error registry re-name workaround. Once I restart my computer, my internet access will no longer work. The adapter and settings aren't listed in ipconfig. I have a broadcom netlink integrated adapter. I was able to install this exact same version on my Windows 7 64bit laptop without issues. I don't know if there's a Windows 8 issue or a conflict with the network adapter. Please help!

Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Windows 8 64bit - VPN 5.0.07.0440 - Disables all internet after

I have troubleshooted the issue further and discovered that if I disable "Deterministc Network Enhancer" and then re-enable it everything works. Is Cisco's Deterministic Network Enhancer conflicting with my Broadcom integrated network card? I upgraded to the latest version of the broadcom drivers and that didn't help.

Beginner

After much trial and error, I finally figured it out. There was a conflict between the broadcom drivers and the Determinist Network Enhancer. I had to force the network card to use the old Microsoft drivers shipped with Windows 8. This made everything work correctly.

Beginner

how did you 'force the network card to use the old Microsoft drivers shipped with Windows 8?'