cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 8 64bit - VPN 5.0.07.0440 - Disables all internet after installation

mekkaman19
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to successfully install this version in Windows 8 and use it with the 442 error registry re-name workaround. Once I restart my computer, my internet access will no longer work. The adapter and settings aren't listed in ipconfig. I have a broadcom netlink integrated adapter. I was able to install this exact same version on my Windows 7 64bit laptop without issues. I don't know if there's a Windows 8 issue or a conflict with the network adapter. Please help!

Thanks in advance...

3 Replies 3

mekkaman19
Level 1
Level 1

I have troubleshooted the issue further and discovered that if I disable "Deterministc Network Enhancer" and then re-enable it everything works. Is Cisco's Deterministic Network Enhancer conflicting with my Broadcom integrated network card? I upgraded to the latest version of the broadcom drivers and that didn't help.

After much trial and error, I finally figured it out. There was a conflict between the broadcom drivers and the Determinist Network Enhancer. I had to force the network card to use the old Microsoft drivers shipped with Windows 8. This made everything work correctly.

how did you 'force the network card to use the old Microsoft drivers shipped with Windows 8?'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: