cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless taking the priority over Wired Networks Using NAM.

mshapour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have been asked to assist a customer with finding a way to configure NAM client to prefer WIFI network over wired network unless no WIFI is available in the area.

The problem essentially occurs when the users dock the computers (once the Wired NIC is available or wired network is presented), the computers will automatically change their access to use wired network after a few seconds. Users are able to manually change back to connect to WiFi network from the drop down in NAM, but because the computers changed IP address between wired and WiFi networks, they lose the current session with the application.

I understand that NAM has been designed to prioritize Wired over the Wireless but I was wondering if there is a workaround to this issue. I have already suggested creating different Network Groups and changing the priorities but I also understand that according to the AnyConnect Admin Guide "The Network Access Manager is designed to be single homed, allowing only one network connection at a time. Also, wired connections have higher priority than wireless so that if you are plugged into the network with a wired connection, the wireless adapter becomes disabled with no IP address"

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Administrator Guide, Release 4.0 - Configure Network Access Manager [Cisco AnyC…

Kind Regards.

Mahdi Shapouri

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moved to correct forum

Where is the link to the correct forum?

junjieMak5223
Level 1
Level 1

May I have the link?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: