cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3030 to 30005 Network to Network VPN Problem with Internet bound traffic

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

If I create a network to network vpn with the Altiga 3030 and the 3005, the users behind the 3005 cannot access the Internet via the 3030 which is at the corporate site and has the internet connection. I have been told that I need to put a small firewall at the same site as the 3005 and any Internet bound traffic will go out through it. The problem is that most of Cisco's competitors sell products that have the capability to allow traffic that is bound for the Internet to traverse the tunnel and go out to the Internet and then back to the lan behind the 3005. When will we be able to do with inside of the 3000 series devices?

2 Replies 2

wjulia
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick,

This is a function already available through the 3000 series. If you want all traffic from behind the 3005 to go to the internet via the 3030, you need to specify the destination network as 0.0.0.0. Additionally, on the 3030 side, you should specify the local network as 0.0.0.0.

You should have a tunnel default gateway set on the 3030 and this should have a path to the internet not through the concentrator.

I am not quite clear. Can you point me to a diagram of this configuration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: