Views
Helpful
Replies

7206 VXR performance on IPSec with VAM2+

bgandhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 7206 VXR with VAM2+ card. I am seeing close to 4500 IPSec conenction with the router. The traffic is low and utilization is below 10%. I am just wondering is it an alarming condition since the router is touching the documented tunnel capacity of VAM2+(5000)?

Would request experts to comment on the router behaviour if the tunnels cross beyond 5000. I do not think it would be justified to upgrade the hardware since other capacity parameters are well within the limits.

Regards,

Bhavesh

1 Reply 1

Hello  Bhavesh,

in terms of VAM2+ , yes this is the time where customer to go for an upgrade but, did you get a chance to see what is the total IPSEC traffic on the interface. VAM2_ card can support upto 280 mbps. If teh existing traffic expected is much lower to the capacity then we might not required to go for an upgrade. And in 7200 persepctive, i belive the throughput is around 450 mbps.

So in nutshell, if we are not expecting more than 1000 tunnel in near future and the traffic is less that 280 mbps.. we are in a good position i would say

Regards

Harish.

Please rate all helpful posts !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: