cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

871 SSL VPN

jayhowerter
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone gotten the 871 SSL VPN to work with the AnyConnect 2.4 Client? I am using Cisco Configuration Professional to configure the SSL CPN but when I try to install the anyconnect-win-2.4.0202-k9.pkg package on the router, I get an error: "Installing or Uninstalling SSL VPN packages on USBFlash is not supported" I am trying to install this on the routers onboard flash, so I don't understand the error message. The Anyconnect client is really my only option since I am using 64-bit and the regular SSL client only supports Windows XP. Please help. Thanks

5 Replies 5

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a bug, so if you are entitled to TAC access, please open a case.

Now, sometimes the error messages are simply not correct, so it could for example mean that you do not have enough space on the flash (a common cause of anyconnect installation issues on IOS).

Note that when you install the image, IOS will copy it to another location on the flash (flash:/webvpn/svc_1.pkg), so even though you may already have it on there, you still need enough free space to make a copy.

If that turns out to be the problem, then you can either: delete the image and install it directly from another location, or move/rename the pkg file to flash:/webvpn/svc_1.pkg and then install it using "webvpn install svc flash:/webvpn/svc_1.pkg"

hth

Please ignore my "install directly from another location" suggestion - this won't work. So if space is the problem, use the latter suggestion.

BTW what IOS version are you using?

Actually the copy rename CLI install technique does work.

Byte Solutions, Managed Computer Services
https://www.bytesolutions.com 561.338.9696

I am using IOS 12.4(24)T2. I thought I replied to this because I found the solution. Since the IOS takes the image and copies it to another folder (WebVPN I think) there has to be enough space on the flash for 2 of the images (the original and a copy in the correct location). Regardless of how you copy the image there, install from another location or copy it to the flash manually, the IOS makes a copy of it. So, to make space you have to remove the IOS image from the flash temporarily to free space, install the webvpn image and then copy the IOS back. That was the solution that TAC gave me. It wouldn't be a problem if the 871 had removable flash. Hope this helps.

If you copy the file to the proper location with the proper name it will not make a second copy. Tested on 12.4(24)T3

Byte Solutions, Managed Computer Services
https://www.bytesolutions.com 561.338.9696
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: