Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACTIVE BUT NOT VPN CONNECTIVITY

My topology is as follows

I have a Cisco 1841 that does not manage, because it belongs to my ISP. In this turn I have attached an ASA 5510 that is that I manage myself.

I want to create a connection THROUGH the CISCO VPN client, run the wizard that brings the ASDM. After this run the VPN client and tells me that the VPN is active but I have no connectivity on both sides of the vpn.

The local network is 192.168.0.0 and I'm assigned to the machine that is connecting an ip in the same range.
I hope someone can help me, thanks

17 Replies 17

When you ping from internal host to vpn client, if there is only ping packet, you should see that the incrementing of encrypt count on ASA is equal to incrementing of decrypt count on VPN client. This is echo packet. For echo-reply, you should see that the incrementing of encrypt count on vpn client is equal to the incrementing of decrypt count on ASA.

So, in your testing, which count is NOT incrementing?

Here's something interesting, check the counters on both counts, ie I show increased encrypts and decrypts fine. I also did a ping from the ASA ASDM VPN client to the host for the external interface which was satisfactory, it means that packets arrive at the ASA but can not reach the host, I think it could be an ACL issue or problem of NAT . Could you help, Thanks.

Thank you for your help.

I could solve the problem by access list to allow traffic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: