Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Authentication with Security Groups for Cisco ASA Firewalls

burugudunski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently testing on ssl vpn using anyconnect client. 

The requirements are

1. AD Authentication - Done and working

2. Specific group of users using AD security groups will be allowed to connect to ssl vpn - Authentication is working however, I'm not able to restrict the user that is not part of the security group. 

3. Different AD Groups will have different VPN Group policies - dependent on Item 2 working 

I'm following this document from Cisco but I'm not able to make it work, specifically the NO_ACCESS part. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/98634-asa-ldap-group-pol.html

If you guys know any other how to guides could you share me the links? I can share also my test scripts from my lab. 

Thank you,

3 Replies 3

Joel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Example:

ldap attribute-map anyconnect_map
  map-name  memberOf IETF-Radius-Class
  map-value memberOf "CN=GRP-anyconnect,OU=Security Groups,OU=Groups,DC=test,DC=com" policy_anyconnect

aaa-server LDAP_anyconnect ldap
aaa-server LDAP_anyconnect (Inside) host 172.23.128.3
 ldap-base-dn DC=test,DC=com
 ldap-scope subtree
 ldap-naming-attribute sAMAccountName
 ldap-login-password blah
 ldap-login-dn CN=test,OU=Service Accounts,DC=TEST,DC=COM
 server-type microsoft
 ldap-attribute-map anyconnect_map

group-policy NO_ACCESS internal
group-policy NO_ACCESS attributes
 vpn-simultaneous-logins 0
 vpn-tunnel-protocol svc ipsec webvpn

group-policy policy_anyconnect internal
group-policy policy_anyconnect attributes
 vpn-simultaneous-logins 250
 vpn-tunnel-protocol svc

DEFINE OTHER GP SETTINGS

tunnel-group tg_anyconnect type remote-access
tunnel-group tg_anyconnect general-attributes
 address-pool anyconnect_VPN_pool
 authentication-server-group blah LOCAL
 authentication-server-group (Inside) blah LOCAL
 authorization-server-group LDAP
 authorization-server-group (Inside) LDAP_anyconnect
 default-group-policy NO_ACCESS
 authorization-required

Hope this helps - I've highlighted settings hopefully making it easier to follow.

Joel

Hi Joel! 

Thank you so much..I will try this out but hope you don't mind some questions

I understand this section

"map-value memberOf "CN=GRP-anyconnect,OU=Security Groups,OU=Groups,DC=test,DC=com"policy_anyconnect"

it will call group policy "policy_anyconnect" if the user is part of the "GRP-anyconnect". but it is unclear to me how or when the NO_ACCESS group policy will be applied.

Thanks again!

The ASA config I posted was version 8.2 and the ldap attribute has slightly changed

ldap attribute-map anyconnect_map

map-name  memberOf Group-Policy

The default policy 'NO_ACCESS' is to deny access if there's no successful authentication or authorisation. The config below actually used a different authentication method (not ldap) in fact kerberos and you only had to be a domain user to authenticate. Without the authorisation-server-group statement you were permitted. To ensure only relevent users login, the authorisation uses the LDAP_anyconnect AAA group. The LDAP_anyconnect AAA group contains the ldap map, and If you're not in the AD group  specified in the map you get the NO_ACCESS AKA denied - if there's no group-policy statement the default group policy applies and if that's not set to 0 VPN connections you will be permitted - you are in fact doing an explicit deny (probably the best way I can put it). If you are in the AD group apply group policy policy_anyconnect and connect.

authentication-server-group kerberos LOCAL
 authentication-server-group (Inside) kerberos LOCAL
 authorization-server-group LDAP
 authorization-server-group (Inside) LDAP_anyconnect

Does that answer your question?

Joel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: