cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL backup for IPSEC/GRE

bdedek
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a reliable configuration for ADSL backup to a primary IPSEC/GRE VPN? I have used ISDN dial backup to our PRI in the past for all my IPSEC/GRE VPNs, but would like to consider ADSL to avoid the long distance charges.

I have a hub and spoke configuration running IPSEC/GRE between a 3640 hub and 1760 remotes. Dynamic routing is configured using EIGRP over my tunnels. Currently I use floating static routes to redirect my links over ISDN when the main VPN tunnels go down. I would like to do the same sort of thing using ADSL.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

hello,

just like ISDN, you must have floating statics pointing to your ADSL links for the IPSEC peer. Once your primary IPSEC tunnel is down, physical IP reachability to ur peer will be then provided using the higher metric route towards your ADSL line and the IPSEC negotiation will start towards your ADSL.

In this case, since the destination peer/interesting traffic is the same in both primary & backup, no additional configuration for IPSEC is required. Need to apply "cryto map xxx" on the ADSL interface.

Hope this helps !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: