Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSM VPN Site-to-site Wizard

Cisco SOGET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I use ASDM VPN site-to-site Wizard and it is working fine.

Is it possible to modifiy the profile created by the wizard to set a name more frendly than the IP address of the peer ? When I edit a profile the connection name is not changeable.

Thank you for your help.

Laurent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Cisco SOGET,

To configure the tunnel-group with a name you need to change the ISAKMP identity from IP addess (default) to FQDN (hostname) on remote peer. The command to change the behavior is "crypto isakmp identity hostname", normally this is hidden since it is auto by default but you can check with "show run all | in crypto isakmp". Once you change this, the ASA will start identiying as per the hostname and NOT the IP address (take into consideration for other tunnels).

I don´t think this can´t be done through the ASDM connection only CLI.

HTH
Gio

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4
Hello @Cisco SOGET,

Once you create the tunnel-group, you cannot change the Name/IP address you configured before. If you want to change the name for something different you need to create a new one and delete the old one, that´s the only way to do it.

HTH
Gio

Hi Gio
Thank you for your answer but is it possible with the ASDM Wizard to put a name instead of the peer IP.
Regards

Hello @Cisco SOGET,

To configure the tunnel-group with a name you need to change the ISAKMP identity from IP addess (default) to FQDN (hostname) on remote peer. The command to change the behavior is "crypto isakmp identity hostname", normally this is hidden since it is auto by default but you can check with "show run all | in crypto isakmp". Once you change this, the ASA will start identiying as per the hostname and NOT the IP address (take into consideration for other tunnels).

I don´t think this can´t be done through the ASDM connection only CLI.

HTH
Gio