cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN does not work

rajmondi
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently connecting using RDP to Win11 machine where I want to start the Cisco VPN client. Everytime I start it I get disconnected from my remote app even though both machines are in the same local network. I have enabled "Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN" option as well and still I get the error.

Below is the message history:

11:31:21 Ready to connect.
11:31:21 Contacting xxxxxxx.
11:31:30 User credentials entered.
11:31:31 Establishing VPN session...
11:31:31 The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...
11:31:31 Checking for profile updates...
11:31:31 Checking for product updates...
11:31:31 Checking for customization updates...
11:31:31 Performing any required updates...
11:31:31 The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.
11:31:31 Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...
11:31:32 Establishing VPN session...
11:31:32 Establishing VPN - Examining system...
11:31:32 Establishing VPN - Activating VPN adapter...
11:31:33 Establishing VPN - Configuring system...
11:31:33 Establishing VPN...
11:31:33 Connected to xxxxxxxx.
11:31:50 Disconnect in progress, please wait...
11:31:51 The VPN connection was started by a remote desktop user whose remote console has been disconnected. It is presumed the VPN routing configuration is responsible for the remote console disconnect. The VPN connection has been disconnected to allow the remote console to connect again. A remote desktop user must wait 90 seconds after VPN establishment before disconnecting the remote console to avoid this condition.

Any reason why this feature might not work as expected, is there any other configuration to make out of the box?

4 Replies 4

we need to see ASA config

hi, thanks for the swift message, to be honest I am a bit confused where I can find ASA config, is this something I can get on client side, or server? Can you share a link to know more about it, thanks

hichemm07
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too. any solutions?

alexanderchance
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using split-tunneling? If not, when the remote desktop connects to your FW your internet connection is moved from the "LAN" to the VPN which might be why you lose connection.

If you SSH to your ASA/FTD you can show the config with "show run tunnel-group" find your tunnel-group and the group-policy and run the "show run group-policy <your group-policy name>

HTH

Alexander