Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any Connect License

Dear friend.

Do anyone have experience in my case.

I want to configure BOM include 2x ASA5516 w/ FP Services and 25 Any Connect License.

I have choose this part:

2.0L-AC-PLS-P-GCisco AnyConnect  Plus Perpetual License Group
2.0.1CON-SAU-LACPLSPGSW APP SUPP + UPGR Cisco AnyConnect Plus Perpetual License
2.1AC-PLS-P-25-SCisco AnyConnect 25 User Plus Perpetual License
2.1.0.1CON-SAU-ACPL25SW APP SUPP + UPGR Cisco AnyConnect 25
2.2L-AC-PLS-P-25Cisco AnyConnect 25 User Plus Perpetual (ASA License Key)

Is it right?

How many SKU (L-AC-PLS-P-G) do I need for 2 box.

Thanks.

Vinh Phan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming they are in a High Availability pair or cluster, only a single license SKU is required.

View solution in original post

You're welcome. The AnyConnect Plus license includes all basic AnyConnect functionality for SSL and IPsec (IKEv2) remote access VPN from remote PCs and mobile devices. The one you cited supports 25 simultaneous users.

Advanced features like endpoint posture assessment and remediation require the Apex license.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming they are in a High Availability pair or cluster, only a single license SKU is required.

Thanks Marvin

It means with above license, we can use AnyConnect VPN feature on ASA and doesn't need any additional license. Is it right?

Vinh Phan

You're welcome. The AnyConnect Plus license includes all basic AnyConnect functionality for SSL and IPsec (IKEv2) remote access VPN from remote PCs and mobile devices. The one you cited supports 25 simultaneous users.

Advanced features like endpoint posture assessment and remediation require the Apex license.

Hi Marvin,

We are in the process of assigning a license to our HA pair of 5516X (active/passive) and the licensing portal is asking for PCB Serial number(from Show Ver):.

Which serial should we use since there are two ASA with different serial numbers?

Regards.

You can use any one of the ASA serial numbers as the licenses are shared among the Active and Standby unit. In most cases, the primary ASA serial number is sufficient.

Hi Govind,

You mean to say that if i am buying 2 pair of ASA 5515X , so i can buy one license for anyconnect/SSL vpn and that can be used in Both firewall during High Availability (HA) ?

If you have a pair of ASA5515-X firewalls in Active/Standby HA, you only need one license for both the Firewalls. Both the firewalls will share the license as long as they are in HA.

thanks a lot

for Site to site vpn also will be the single license is enough in HA ?

Site to site VPN does not require any add-on license.

They are included in the Base license which permits 250 "Other VPN Peers". 

thank you...