cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect and ASA code versions

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a compatability matrix of ASA software code to Anyconnect versions?

I would like to know what minimum ASA code is needed for Anyconnect 3.1.

8 Replies 8

Hi Tony,

You can install AnyConnect 3.1 on ASA running 8.2 or 8.3. However, you must consider the following:

Important AnyConnect 3.1 and ASA 9.0 Interoperability Considerations

The following AnyConnect features require ASA 9.0 or later, or ASDM 7.0 or later, to be installed on your ASA for them to be effective:

•IPv6 Support for AnyConnect VPN Features

•Next Generation Encryption as it applies to VPN

•Deferred Upgrades

Adaptive Security Appliance Requirements

•You must upgrade to ASA 9.0 if you want to use the following features:

–IPv6 support

–Cisco Next Generation Encryption "Suite-B" security

–AnyConnect client deferred upgrades

•You must use ASA 8.4(1) or later if you want to do the following:

–Use IKEv2.

–Use the ASDM to edit non-VPN client profiles (such as Network Access Manager, Web Security, or Telemetry).

–Use the services supported by a Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliance license. These services let you enforce acceptable use policies and protect endpoints from websites found to be unsafe, by granting or denying all HTTP and HTTPS requests.

–Deploy firewall rules. If you deploy always-on VPN, you might want to enable split tunneling and configure firewall rules to restrict network access to local printing and tethered mobile devices.

–Configure dynamic access policies or group policies to exempt qualified VPN users from an always-on VPN deployment.

–Configure dynamic access policies to display a message on the AnyConnect GUI when an AnyConnect session is in quarantine.

More info here

Hope to help.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts

Good points all, Portu.

I'd just add that ASA 9.0 isn't released quite yet.

Thanks Marvin (5 stars)

I appreciate the input!

You're welcome. 5 back at you!

Awesome!

Now let's wait for Tony's feedback.

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks to all. So, I can install on ASA 8.2 to support Windows 8, whilst keeping the same functionality as Anyconnect 2.5 (although not gaining any new features). However I also save on cost factos of RAM upgrades to support ASA 8.3+

Thank you,

Yes, you can use Anyconnect 3.1 with ASA 8.2.

You will get some new features (quite a few under the covers, actually) - just not the ones as listed by Portu above.

Good day,

Just adding my two cents, Windows 8 is not yet supported, please check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/release/notes/anyconnect31rn.html#wp1053853

It is hope to be supported in a further release of the AnyConnect client.

Hope to help.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts