Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Authentication issue

abithbasha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have newly configured Anyconnect with LDAP authentication, while trying to login on Anyconnect I get the below error. I have different profiles with authencating different Domain Controller is this could be the reason?

6Oct 02 201715:03:4972500786.98.10.19865223  SSL session with client outside:86.98.10.198/65223 terminated.
6Oct 02 201715:03:49113005    AAA user authentication Rejected : reason = Unspecified : server = 10.47.20.21 : user = ***** : user IP = 86.98.10.198

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have different profiles with authenticating different Domain Controllers, do any of the profiles succeed in authentication?

It would seem that the issue is related to the part of the message that says "Unspecified server". Can you verify that the address given of 10.47.20.21 is the correct address of your Domain Controller? Perhaps you can post the part of your head end config that sets up authentication?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

it was issue with the missing following line in the config "ldap-scope subtree", after adding this one the authentication worked fine

aa-server Anyconnect protocol ldap
aaa-server Anyconnect (inside) host 10.47.20.21
ldap-base-dn DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=com
ldap-scope subtree
ldap-naming-attribute sAMAccountName
ldap-login-password *****
ldap-login-dn CNxxxxxAccounts,OU=xxxi,OU=xx,OU=xx,OU=Companies,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=com
server-type microsoft

Thanks for posting back to the forum to tell us that you have solved the issue and that the solution was a missing line in the config. (+5 for this very helpful update). It is good to see examples in the forum where the original poster has found the solution to their own problem and shares it with the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: