cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect captive portal

Michael Huffman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to disable this function?

I have a client with only a single IP address. SSL port 443 is used for a web server, so Anyconnect SSL is now listening on a different port.

When we changed the port and updated the client profile, the client now thinks there is a captive portal inbetween and requires the user to authenticate first via web. Doing so works fine but is now adding this additional step to the login process.

I don't understand why Anyconnect (knowing from the profile that the VPN client is on another port) is still obviously looking on 443.

Any help here would be appreciated.                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are specifying the port in the profile however if you change the port you have to specify it in the client too.  By default AnyConnec client will go to 443:  Here is an example.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

In the Cisco AnyConnect client where you type the IP or domain name you will have to add the port number in there.  So you will do something like this:

vpn.yourdomain.com:xxx

or

1.1.1.1:xxx

Where "xxx = New Port Number"    

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we are already specifying the port in the profile, If you manually type it out with the port extension as you indicated, we still get the message about a captive portal. I'm thinking that evn though we specify the port, Anyconnect is checking the connectivity using the default 443 (which in our case would resolve to a web server with authentication)

You are specifying the port in the profile however if you change the port you have to specify it in the client too.  By default AnyConnec client will go to 443:  Here is an example.

Yes, this is what we were doing.

None of this made any sense to me so went back to troubleshooting 101 and simply rebooted the box. Probably should have done this first of course.

After the reboot it now works fine.

Thanks for your reply anyway. I appreciate it.