cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Client (3.1.02040) - Windows 8 won't shut down

cpremo
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed and issue with Windows 8 and AnyConnect Client version 3.1.02040.  I've tried various things to try to resolve this issue but have hit a brick wall.  Whenever, I run AnyConnect on my Windows 8 PC and then shut it down for the day, the PC won't turn off.  I've ensured my AnyConnect client is disconnected and then quit the application and even killed the VPN service.

Has anyone else seen this issue???   Any resolution???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have an early version (still in the 3.1.040xx range), and it fixed it across the board as mentioned previously.  (I haven't tested 4059, however I would imagine that it should!)

View solution in original post

72 Replies 72

Michael Muenz
Level 5
Level 5

Don't heard about that yet.

Have you checked limitations for Win8 and Open Caveats?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/release/notes/anyconnect31rn.html#wp1099267

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

herve.panetto
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same problem with anyconnect 3.1.02040 and windows 8.

1st connecion to my VPN is working well. Teh the disconnexion is taking a very long time. Then, any way to use Internet of to start a new connexion (it seems that Anyconnect removed the IP configuration and DNS) and did not update it back after disconnecting: the only solution is to rebbot by switiching off the computer because a normal reboot takes seems to be infinite.

I would also support for any resolution.

I've asked my colleagues, one is using Windows 8 Pro 64bit, AnyConnect 3.0.07059 / ASA 9.0.1 without any problems.

Can you test this constellation?

I am using Windows 8 Pro 64bits. I can downgrade my version of Anyconnect to 3.0.07059 if you tell me where I can download it because mine is automatically installed with this last version from my university server.

I do not know which version of ASA my university is using.

Make sure whoever manages your firewall turns off the automatic client update on connection.   Otherwise, your client will be automatically updated on connecting to the VPN tunnel.

Will AnyConnect 3.0.07059 have any issues running on an ASA5510 that is patched to ASA 9.1.1 and ASDM 7.1.1.52?  That is the patch level of my system.

Difficult to do that.

Our architecture is unque for the whole university with hundreds of users. I am not sure that they would agree to turn off automatic update only for my test.

I will try to ask, however.

Thanks

You might modify your local AnyConnectLocalPolicy.xml (

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client)

Change or insert:

true

(FAQ in german: http://www.lrz.de/fragen/faq/vpn/vpn39/)

regards,

Markus

9.1.1 and 7.1.1.52 runs fine with that version. You can also check for the latest 3.0.0X (must be 8xxx)

xairrick1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3.1.02026 and I have thie same problem where the AnyConnect client wont disconnect.   I also have the problem, where if I start AynConnect and then the WIndows 8 machine goes to sleep it will crash Windows 8  :-(

Jason Searles
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same problem.  There is a few things that I have noticed...

1.  If you disable the Network List Service and the Network Location awareness Services and reboot, this problem does not occure.  However, when you disable these services, you are no longer able to manager you network connections.

2.  There are many errors that appear in the cisco anyconnect secure mobility client event log

System
-Provider
[ Name] acvpnagent
-EventID2
[ Qualifiers] 9216
Level2
Task1
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2013-02-28T20:36:21.000000000Z
EventRecordID942
ChannelCisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
ComputerPC2578.swgao.int
Security
-EventData
Function: CThread::invokeRun File: .\Utility\Thread.cpp Line: 435 Invoked Function: IRunnable::Run Return Code: -32112629 (0xFE16000B) Description: BROWSERPROXY_ERROR_NO_PROXY_FILE

-Provider
[ Name] acvpnagent
-EventID2
[ Qualifiers] 9216
Level2
Task1
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated
EventRecordID940
ComputerPC2578.swgao.int
Security
-EventData
Function: CVirtualAdapter::IsVAEnabled File: .\WindowsVirtualAdapter.cpp Line: 2685 Invoked Function: CVirtualAdapter::IsVAEnabled Return Code: -33554423 (0xFE000009) Description: GLOBAL_ERROR_UNEXPECTED Unexpected VA status bits, 25174019

-System
-Provider
[ Name] acvpnagent
-EventID2
[ Qualifiers] 9216
Level3
Task1
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated
EventRecordID936
ComputerPC2578.swgao.int
Security
-EventData
Function: CVAMgr::cleanupAddress File: .\VAMgr.cpp Line: 2449 Invoked Function: CNetshDeleteAddress::Run Return Code: -31064051 (0xFE26000D) Description: NETSHCOMMAND_ERROR_PARSE_FAILED

I'm not sure what anyconnect is doing, but it appear when disconnecting something is prevting it from resetting all of the network settings.

You are local administrator and have no antivirus or personal firewall installed?

Yes, I'm a local administrator on my PC.  No personal Firewall installed, but yes I'm running Norton 360.  That is required for my corporate policies to connect with VPN.

If you are asking if we can turn it off, yes, but to what point?  If it is a setting in the virus scan to allow the VPN application to run or execute some command, then we would need assistance from Cisco on that.

Speaking of Cisco, are they aware of this issue????

Someone with this error has to open a case @ TAC.

Can you try to disable Norton and test it again? Perhaps Norton blocks the Agent while reconfiguring the network settings.

I have the same problem. Cisco any news regarding this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: