cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Client End of Support

Hawk
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me where I can find the date that anyconnect client 4.5 went end of support and also the date client version 4.8 is projected to go end of support?  My company is currently running 4.5 on all endpoints and I need to make a decision on what version to upgrade to.  Whether thats 4.8 or higher versions like 5.X or 6.X I dont know.  I want to run the version that will be in support the longest that wont break the way things are currently working or require me to upgrade ASA version.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AnyConnect 4.5 is not end of support.  If you open a TAC SR they will still help you.  AnyConnect 4.x is a single train where updates are only done on the latest code branch.  The latest code is always recommended.  Currently that version is 4.8.03036 as of April 13 2020.

If 4.5 hasnt went end of support than why is it not an available download option?

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As a rule we only keep the last two major release versions for download.  Currently  4.7 and 4.8.  We have a note around this topic in the release notes.  This is in the first section after the table of contents.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect48/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_AnyConnect_4_8.html

AnyConnect release 4.8.x will become the maintenance path for any 4.x bugs. AnyConnect 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, and 4.7 customers must upgrade to AnyConnect 4.8.x to benefit from future defect fixes. Any defects found in AnyConnect 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 4.5.x, 4.6.x, and 4.7.x will be fixed in the AnyConnect 4.8.x maintenance releases only.