cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Client launches but doesn't read/see location profile XML files?

Bear2019
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.  I've deployed Cisco AnyConnect without issue to most of the company.  Have a few straggles still using legacy VPN client.  they have installed Cisco AnyConnect using the pre deploy msi [ anyconnect-win-3.1.05170-pre-deploy-k9.msi ] .  We provided them the XML files and placed them in the proper WIN7 directory, [ C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile ]  Most users work fine.  I have a couple users who's AnyConnect client doesn't read/see them, so the options to choose a location to VPN to is not present.

Has any seen this, know how to resolve it?  (At the moment I'm not sure what's may or may not be different with these PC's if any.)

I've attached a screenshot.

2 Replies 2

Hi Harold,

- Do the users have admin rights over that computer?

- Could you remove the unnecessary XML profiles, and install the XML profile that will be used?

- If the users does not have admin rights, give admin rights over AnyConnect and the Folder where the XML profile is saved.

Let me know how it works out!

David Castro,

Regards

Hi All,  I don't have the actual explanation of 'why' it was failing but I was able to resolve it.  I manually entered the URL in the location drop down box of the AnyConnect client, (Ex: http://my.asa.com/GroupName).  User was prompted with login, logged in successfully, and when he disconnected he was able to then see and choose of all the configured options we have.

Hope this helps someone.  :-)

(Thanks for your response David.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: