cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect client profile

CiscoNutt
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import / copy an AnyConnect client profile to my PC to test machine certificate authentication.  However this Profile does not show up as a selection in the dropdown list of AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

I have copied it to C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile

Any ideas why this is not working as I expect and how to solve it?  AnyConnect version 4.3.02039

4 Replies 4

Hi, that path looks correct. Did you restart the AnyConnect services or reboot the computer once you copied the file to that location? I assume you created the file using the Profile Editor and saved it in .xml format?

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What RJI said is correct - for VPN profile you need to restart AnyConnect somehow (vpnui at a minimum) to make it re-scan the profiles folder.

However, are you testing for VPN profile or NAM (Network Access Module) profile? If NAM, the the process is a bit different.

Thanks for your replies. Yes I have tried to both restart AnyConnect (by quiting out of it) and restarted PC with no success.  It keeps coming up with the previous profile I had there.  I deleted it thinking there might be a conflict of sorts and then saved the new profile to same location as I mentioned above, but it keeps just showing the old profile in the AnyConnect client that I deleted, and not the new one.

This is just a regular VPN profile to force the AnyConnect VPN to use machine certificate. no NAM involved.

You have to clear your preferences file and restart the client again. The client always shows the last successfully connect server (profile).

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml

Delete the above file and restart the client with the new profile placed in the C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile location.